Wednesday, July 8, 2015

The colours of winter













People like minimalistic outfits, tend to go the tried and tested route in the winter, I am NOT one of those people. Bright bags bought during various travels and market expeditions, traditional scarves, colourful beanies and floor length woollens with comfy jeans help me get excited to leave the house and explore during winters. I refuse to become a grey, black or dark blue blob for the colder months and colour plus jewellery helps me brighten dull and chilly days.

There is something great about travelling in winter, the fresh cold air lends a touch of magic to the entire experience. Like I said I am not one for sticking to neutrals instead reaching for the brightest sacks, wraps, beanies and oversize blankets masquerading as cardigans to wrap myself in. Massive totes handmade in far off corners of the planet in eye searing brights, block print or bandhani dupattas in saturated hues, statement necklaces, heaps of silver jewellery and embellishments galore; all this is a bit more like me. I like clothes and accessories that are functional but have character, don't stop me from running down a mountain side but definitely don't blend in. And I like to wear things again and again and then some, this beanie has featured on my blog for years as have the boots and I am not ashamed to say I don't go out and buy the latest winter must haves every season. Although it doesn't look like it to people who know me and my house is being taken over by shoes and bags; I do want to buy less and less. How do you battle the winter blues?



1 comment:

Keit said...

I love your beanie, I'll never get tired of seeing it on your blogsie! And I love your style exactly because of all the amazing colors and patterns, and how well you put them together and create a masterpiece in the end!
I'm currently battling the stupid heat wave! I'm so jelaous of your cold weather there!