Friday, December 11, 2015

Travel diaries; Navlakha Temple, Ghumli, Gujarat




















The temple in the above pictures is the 'Navlakha Temple' in Ghumli, Gujarat. Built in the 10-12th century AD by the Jethwa rulers of Saurashtra/ Gujarat it is dedicated to the 'Sun God' and is the oldest Sun temple in Gujarat. In my opinion it was spectacular, just rose out of the foot-hills in it's amazing ancient glory.

It is an important archeological site and we quite enjoyed exploring it one afternoon! Some-times I think India is so vast and there is so much beauty, in my lifetime I'll not be able to explore it in it's entirety. I am going to try my hardest though, this trip was full of visits to amazing places and it has made me even more determined to see more of this world! I long to be a permanent nomad, exploring and spending extensive time in places I like. But then I remember I need to earn a living.

Clothes-wise I stuck to the tried and tested bright long-kurta with jeans combination for ease and fun. These pictures don't do justice to the beautiful temple and it's surroundings barring the fact that the rubbish dumped around sites like these by people who come to visit, makes my blood boil!

1 comment:

ThriftyParka said...

What a beautiful temple!!! Surrounded by a lot of lush greeness. I'm sorry to hear about the inconsiderate stupid people who dump their garbage near an area of beauty...grrr!!!

As always, I love everything you're wearing. I may try to make myself a kurta in the spring, to wear with linen pants.

happy nomading ;)